Welcome to STEP Mid-Atlantic
Members of the STEP Mid-Atlantic branch include leading practitioners such as lawyers, accountants as well as trust, family office and wealth management professionals.
The branch holds monthly meetings where expert speakers cover a variety of topics of interest to members. The branch co-hosts with the New York branch of STEP an annual International Estate Planning Institute in March which has been held each year since 2005. Once or twice a year networking events are held, sometimes in conjunction with the branch's educational focused meetings.
Recent meeting topics have included:
- Current Offshore Compliance Developments - FATCA, OVDP and IRS Streamlined Procedures
- Update of Jersey Trust Law
- Recent Developments in UK Taxation of Real Estate and FATCA Developments
- Tax Consequences of Change of Residence of Trusts, Grantors, Beneficiaries and Fiduciaries
- Solving the UNI Quagmire on Distributions from Non-Grantor Foreign Trusts
- Recent Developments in Offshore and Domestic Asset Protection Planning.